CASINO SCAM PREVETION: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW IN 2020
HOW TO AVOID ONLINE CASINO SCAMS
It is near impossible to completely eliminate fraud attempts, especially for online platforms; there are lots of sites that copy those of real online casinos so as to defraud players of their cash. It is therefore paramount for players to be well informed and also best prepared to recognize and avoid these types of threats before becoming victims. It is best you are aware of the risks you might be putting yourself into, and how you can choose a safe gambling platform.
Here are some essential points to start with in avoiding online casino scams
- Check that the online casino you are choosing is compliance with the appropriate casino legislations and has all its permits and licenses
- Keep your personal information safe, be careful what personal information you give out
- Critically survey the casino- check that the web has performed the audits that are required to see if everything is in order
- Look out for their payment platforms; you must use only those payment methods that you know well and that give you full security guarantees
ALARM SIGNALS ABOUT AN ONLINE CASINO
There are numerous online casinos in Malaysia and sometimes it is difficult to ascertain which is genuine. Here are some alarm signals of any online casino that you should be wary of:
- Inability to verify where the company is based
- The software has not been developed by any of the large companies in the sector
- Negative comments about withdrawals of funds on that website
- No license number of the web or any certification from reputable casino agencies
If any of the aforementioned points are discovered, it is advised to immediately abandon the idea of registering on that website. There are several other options, players should therefore be watchful and always be safety conscious
POPULAR FRAUDS IN ONLINE CASINOS
There are several risks players may be faced with when using online casinos; here are the most common frauds that occur online, and players are advised to watch out for:
- Problems with withdrawals: ideally withdrawal from any online casino platform should not exceed 48 hours or a week. When payments are delayed more and more coupled with bad customer service, it is a clear indication of a fraud site.
- Theft of personal information: it is another of the most common frauds in online casinos and the internet as a whole. There have been cases of online casinos with old security structures and theft of the banking data of their users occurred.
- Methods of payment: payment methods are ways to move money from users’ accounts; giving out sensitive information about one’s credit or debit cards can be a way for fraudsters to hack into users account and steal from them. It is therefore advised that users look out for the payment platforms available for online casinos before using them. Never send your banking information to the web until you are completely sure that it is a trusted operator.